Running Your Own Business with ARCO and ampm Franchises
What We Look for in a Franchisee
ARCO petroleum facilities and ampm convenience store franchise candidates will be evaluated based on business abilities and experience, personal drive for success, and financial strength.
General Criteria for Running Your Own Business
ampm convenience store franchises are available for ambitious and entrepreneurial individuals willing to assume the risks — and eager to reap the potential rewards — of owning their own business. Starting a business requires a full time commitment and attention to the key business drivers. Becoming an ampm franchisee requires being prepared to make a significant financial commitment; therefore, an equal commitment of your time and energy is required.
Here are some, but not all, additional requirements that you must meet:
- U.S. citizenship, or permanent resident alien status with a minimum age of 21 years old
- Personal participation in operating a retail facility (minimum of 40 hours per week)
- Successfully complete all training requirements
- Good credit record / credit history evidenced by prompt payment of all financial obligations
- Total estimated investment: $1,822,705 - $7,767,767 as of April 27, 2012 (including estimated real estate costs)
- Liquid capital required may be $1,200,000 or higher
- Possess an entrepreneurial attitude, creativity and the ability to make sound business decisions
- Ability to create and implement a comprehensive business plan
- Ability to successfully execute the ampm franchise operational procedures
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to obtain/qualify for a beer and wine sales license for off-site consumption
Previous franchise experience is a plus, but not a requirement, for becoming a franchisee since we place a high value on a person's business acumen.